Dungog Arts Society provides a focal point for members of the local community to participate in and promote the visual and performing arts and crafts. New members are most welcome.
The Society presents a variety of events, exhibitions and workshops;
- The Dungog Archies– a portrait prize featuring local identities
- The Annual Exhibition– open to all artists of any age
- The Dungog Show Exhibition- a display of artworks presented during the local A&H show, in a pavilion at the showground
- Workshops- presented by a variety of tutors, on a variety of topics and techniques
- Drawing classes- meet weekly, $5 per person.
Notification of events will be posted on our News and Events page.
Members are encouraged to display their work in the gallery and workshop on Dowling Street, with front window displays available to members for three week periods. The current display is a tribute to our esteemed member, Jan Samson. For individual members’ artist biographies, please visit our members’ pages.
Election of Officers 2023
Returning Officer- Di Pope
President: Simone Ryan
Vice President: Joan Dawson
Treasurer: Ruth Dircks
Secretary: Lorraine Wiseman and Lisa Wiseman
Membership Secretary: Marilyn Rudak
Minutes Secretary: Michelle Nickerson
Public Officer: Joan Dawson
Roster: Sandra Lalapoulos
Workshop Coordinator: Alison Kirkman
Assistant Workshop Convenor: Sharon Barker
Historian: Pat Staker
Website Admin: Lisa Wiseman