Creating Sculptures from Cardboard
with Syann Williams
17th February, 10am- 1pm
This is a fun experimental workshop using recycled cardboard boxes to create interesting abstract sculptures. Participants will be taught how to mound, shape and manipulate the cardboard with various techniques.
This class will cover:
- Properties and types of cardboard found in our everyday lives
- Building strength through layering and lacquering
- Cutting, constructing and moulding cardboard
- Finishing and decorating cardboard sculptures through collage, colouring and varnishing
- Presentation for cardboard sculptures (free standing, hanging)
Class size: up to 12 adults, over 18’s only, please
Venue: The Uniting Church Hall behind the Uniting Church at 246 Dowling Street, Dungog.
Members- $40 per person
Non members- $55 per person
DAS MEMBERS SPECIAL!
If you are a financial member of Dungog Arts Society, please use the coupon code DAS at checkout for a discount of $15 on this workshop.
- Discarded cardboard (not new)
- Glue stick
- Optional: found objects such as yarn, fabric or paper scraps and wire you might like to recycle into your artwork.
There will also be a range of various materials available to use on the day.
Syann Williams is an award-winning Newcastle based mixed-media artist who has had her works exhibited at home (recently at The Lock-Up gallery in Newcastle) and abroad.
You will be able to download a .pdf file with all the above details after payment. This will be updated as needed, and any updates will be listed here and in our News and Events page, so you can download them too if you wish. The download file will be available until just after the workshop. That means you can keep an electronic or paper copy (if you want to print it out) with all the relevant info at hand.